March 17th marks St. Patrick’s day, I strategically set my “cheat day” to March 17th because I know that socially it’ll be difficult to consume just “1 low-calorie” drink for the night.
I’ve provided you a list of my top 5 low calorie “St. Patricks day” drinks. As a bonus, if you’re not counting your calories this weekend I’ve included a step by step guide on how to make my annual St. Patrick’s day Drink. (WARNING: not low calorie!)
1) Stella Artois Light (154 calories/12 oz bottle)
2) Bud Light Lime (116 calories/12 oz bottle)
3) Heineken Lite (99 calories/12 oz bottle)
4) Mojito (90 calories) 1 teaspoon sweetener, splash of water, a pinch of ginger, mint leaves, club soda and half a lime. Mix with vodka.
5) Guiness Draught (126 calories/12 oz bottle)
So there you have it! If you throw in a drop of green food colouring you get your GREEN BEER!
Now for my bonus drink! (warning not low calorie!!)
Step 1 pour guiness into a cup about a 1/4 full
Step 2 pour shot glass with 1/2 Jamison whiskey and half baileys
Step 3 put the shot glass into the guiness
Step 4 chug back and ask for another round
Enjoy and have a happy St Patricks day!!
Take a look at a how to video right here…