Monday’s don’t typically depress me like most of my co workers. I’ve learned to accept Mondays as another opportunity to perform better at my workplace and at the gym than I have in the previous weeks. This Monday, I’ve marked off on my calendar for a few weeks as I’ll be a guest in attendance at the Oprah Life class in Toronto. With special guests Tony Robbins, Iyvana Vanzant, Bishop TD Jakes, and Deepak Chopra.
In salute to Oprah and her life class speakers I wanted to share some enlightenment with you to start the week off and my 5 tips to beating the MONDAYS!
1) Don’t live for the weekends: At the beginning of the week I create a list of goals and events that I’d like to achieve or attend by the end of the week. I keep my goals to something positive, such as “I worked out 5 times this week”, or “I attended a cooking workshop” Sometimes I don’t achieve them but most of the time I do achieve them because I physically write them down and keep track of them by putting them into my google calendar under the “tasks” session that way I’m constantly reminded. Keep your work week as entertaining and exciting as the weekends!
2) Wear your best suit to the office: It’s no secret that when you wear your best clothes, you automatically feel just a little bit better about yourself. Why not start the week off right by having your clothes properly pressed and ironed before you walk into the office. When you look good, you feel good, you act better therefore you perform better!
3) Plan something exciting for the evening: Among my circle of friends Monday’s aren’t something we look forward to as a group. I try to plan seeing a group of good friends. Some ideas are to have a dinner party, get together to watch a movie or catch up with some friends you haven’t spoken with in a while. It’s a nice surprise to hear from a voice you haven’t spoken with in a while, you’ll have a lot to catch up on since you’ve
4) Take a break throughout the day: You have the entire week to work. Make sure you get up and stretch your legs, go for a walk. Get some fresh air, once again, you’ll be in the office for the remainder of the week so get out of the office and get some natural sunlight. If the weather is bad do some stretches at your desk. I’ll be coming out with a video on office yoga very soon. So keep tuned!!!
5) Hit the gym: This wouldn’t be my site if I didn’t include this listed…It’s no secret that exercise amps up endorphin levels, so try getting in early morning exercise to start the day off right. I like to do a quick yoga routine, I use Deepak Chopras yoga app he has a good 15 minute routine for the morning. If I’m really crunched for time? Try this quick workout.
100 hindu squats
1 minute challenge for push ups (do as many push ups as you can in 1 minute) I’ve been doing this for a week and I’m up to 79!
1 minute plank