Ever since I’ve started living a Paleo-like lifestyle I’ve read many articles how the paleo diet is designed to help reduce inflammation, build a healthier lifestyle, clean skin, better teeth…yada yada yada.
The benefits of going paleo go on and on, but at the end of the day paleo or no paleo, we all want to look good when we take our shirts off around the pool this summer.
“So why can’t the paleo plan help me look great naked?!”
Well, before I begin I want to get it out in the clear that I believe the paleo plan is great! I love it, I follow it 80% of the time, and the other 20% I allow myself to eat the finer things our modern world has provided us like snickers bars and nutella.
How good can the Paleo diet be without a proper “Meal Plan”?
The reality of the paleo diet is, there are differences to what is and what isn’t paleo. Depending on which paleo leader you listen to, some say milk can be allowed, some say it can’t. Some use protein supplements and some don’t.
The one and only thing that they all have in common is that they all believe in natural food sources that were available pre-agricultural era and to get as much of it as possible. That is what I found to be the staple of my 6 week meal plan and where I excelled the most in was following this meal plan to a tee.
There is no need to be the first person through the mine field, I’ve already done the work for you!
I’ve lived the paleo lifestyle for roughly 2 years and have had the opportunity to try many different paleo recipes throughout this journey. I consider myself a mad scientist in the kitchen using my body as the frankenstein for many of these recipes. With that being said, based on my personal experiences using a paleo plan. I agree, that it does reduce inflammation, you feel healthier and energetic but with the recipes available, if you don’t have proper structure to how much and how often you should be eating you won’t be rocking a 6 pack at the beach. So I wanted to put the naysayers to sleep and prove to them that I can devise a paleo meal plan to looking great naked.
When I first started the paleo diet I was looking for a new type of diet that could accommodate my lifestyle, all the while keeping me looking good and feeling healthy. The diet did just that, the area of the paleo diet that I find to be not as helpful was assembling all the recipes together to make a full meal plan that will get you into the best shape possible. So I basically used myself as a science experiment and put myself through what I call a “Paleo Diet Meal Plan for the ripped caveman look”
If you follow my on instagram @christiangolez you’ll see that I began posting pics of my progress in April and kept all my followers in the loop, and show that I’d get into beach body shape just in time for the summer, and also a booked photo shoot that I just completed. Take a look at my transformation from April 15th 2012 to June 15th 2012.